The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday July 23, 2007 at 17:36
DBrown
Founding Member
February 2002
Thanks, Kupakai. I should have know about the Gyration, but this is my first Home Theater PC where the need for such a thing seems obvious. I did search Google after posting the message and found both the Gyration and a Logitech Air Mouse, but I can't find either one anywhere local.

I'd like to hear from anyone actually using either one. Are they heavy? Does your hand tire from holding one in the air? BlueTooth? I've already got a bluetooth receiver so that would be the best RF technology to impliment quickly.

As I've thought more about it, a gyro-glove seems like it would be more natural to use. I can see the battery held in a wrist band, with a simple fixture that slips over your hand minimally. Your thumb can easily touch the tip of any finger, so that could be button clicks. Hand or finger gestures could still move the mouse around. I sit here watching my right hand resting on the desk; my thumb moves up and down, and my pointer finger moves easily left and right. I suspect it would be easy to get used to positioning the mouse arrow on the screen with simple flexing of finger and thumb. Just thinking...

Hosting Services by ipHouse