The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday March 6, 2008 at 11:09
jongig
Long Time Member
January 2008
I don't think it will work. I had this problem with a different remote and thought I simply needed the correct IR codes. I decided to purchase a Cyberlink Remote because they told me I needed it in order to control PDDVD. The remote out of the box did not do anything to control anything and since they didn't send any instructions I hadn't a clue. The unit came with a IR Dongle and I shouldn't need it since the PC is IR already but when I plugged in the dongle the remote worked fine. I have figured out that the Dongle does not have to receive the IR from the remote but must be plugged into a USB port for the RC to work. I've since plugged it into the back of the PC where it doesn't receive IR anyway. It works fine in PDDVD and I learned the IR codes and all seems okay.

Doesn't make much sense to me but that's been my experience. The Cyberlink RC has some good features like controling the 4 color buttons but it didn't come with a eject button and I'd really love to be able to eject my LG drive from a remote.

john

Hosting Services by ipHouse