Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday July 12, 2008 at 02:18
smokinghot
August 2006
On July 11, 2008 at 21:32, GMPCM said...
I have used other remotes, some were considered to be
the very best available. You on the other hand have never
even used the software I am talking about here, so who
really is the ignorant one?

Granted, I've never used the software you speak of, but I thought we were talking about a mouse being capable of top end remote operation...? That's simply wrong. Curious what remotes you did use...you failed to back up your statement.

I dont use any remote other
than my mouse now, and I have one hellava home theater
system to say the least.

I'm sure you do. Really doesn't matter though.

The software also controls my
home automation system, can your overpriced IR remote
do that?

Yep... sure can. Plus I can pick it up, walk into a different room and still have complete control over everything. Can your IR mouse and keyboard do that?

Does your fancy remote respond to voice commands?

Your mouse does?

Can it carry on an intelligent voice conversation with
you?

Now you're scaring me....

in·tel·li·gent
1. having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons or animals:

Do you have conversations with other objects in your home...? Do they talk back to you....?

Can it serve out an HD/AM/FM tuner to all of the
other control stations in your home, or even some other
location on the internet? Can you control your home theater
or home automation system from a remote location like
your office?

We're still talking about a mouse doing the same thing as a top end remote right? Please include a link to the mouse you're currently using. I've never seen and/or heard of one that has a mic or speaker. Let alone be operated without physical contact.

You have no clue what this software is capable
of, and yet you claim that I dont know what I am talking
about?

Again, you're right I don't, but it doesn't matter. The arguement is whether or not your wonder mouse can do what a top end remote can do. It simply can't without extensive add ons and constant menu, pop-up surfing. Plus, it's stuck in one location and must be within a short distance to your HTPC. Have you tried using Bluetooth...? Of course if you did get the range of Bluetooth, you'd still have to carry a monitor around with you to make sure you were scroll wheeling through the menus correctly. Even with that, from what you say I still may need keyboard to do what I want. So how would that work...? If you weren't sitting at your coffee table you'd carry the monitor and mouse in one hand, and the keyboard in the other...?Most are trying to remove clutter from their coffee table.

It's great that you found a solution that works well for you. I just have issue with people posting dribble that may confuse the average lurking doing research.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse