The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday April 13, 2005 at 21:19
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
well here has been big improvements, Timers before and now press duration. So I think you are overly negative.

On the other hand what you are asking for would be cool, but I don't think it is practical and not sure how much more it will add. Let's be honest, for what you want they will need to either know what each possible code does, or be able to read and interpret labels. The only way it would work to some percent would be with UDB codes. On the other hand a macro might seem to work (i.e. sending 2,3,1) but you would not know if it works in real life because the emulator device might change to 231 but it might need delays to get the real device to go to 231. ON the other hand if a box says IR-Sat-2, IR-Sat-3,IR-Sat-1 you know you are sending the right codes, it can also help with complex macros for example M1= 1,2,3 M2=4,5,6 M3=M1, delay. M2 the box could say 1,2,3 wait the delay and then 4,5,6 so you know the macro is or is not doing what is intended

If they do add i1patrick's feature, I would ask that there is a symbol or colour distinction between codes and links and that all the info is passed (device - page - button)

Hosting Services by ipHouse