Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday April 18, 2005 at 12:17
CV27
Long Time Member
November 2004
Peter,
Have you tried setting the duration for this code?

After my initial post, I did try setting the duration at 0.5 sec and a few quick tests gave positive results.

John,
The extra burst is so short you couldn't release the key fast enough that it would be released before the extra burst is done

Interesting point. As I've learned, the Pronto, when I press and hold, still emits the single press burst before emitting the repeat burst. So, does the Pronto:

a) process the single press burst and then after, and only then, verify whether the key is still depressed?
b) process the single press burst and, in parallel, verify whether the key is still depressed?
c) process the single press burst and, in parallel, wait a certain number of cycles before verifying whether the key is still depressed? This would compensate for human reflexes

Maybe the simpler question would be: how does the Pronto distinguish between a 'press and hold' and a 'one press' from a slow reacting person? Logic would dictate a latency factor.

My real objective with this thread is to better understand the Pronto's logic, which is driving nuts at times and so I can understand why a button containing the IR code is less responsive than one linking to the first.

Hosting Services by ipHouse