The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday January 31, 2006 at 10:47
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On January 30, 2006 at 23:04, Lyndel McGee said...
I'm not understanding you here. You need these
2 but you just posted codes for them? What are
you asking?

He posted the non discrete codes for two function for which he wants to find discrete codes.

Those non discrete codes let us verify that his TV uses the typical Samsung protocol and device codes.

There are lots of discrete codes posted all over RemoteCentral for Samsung TV's using that protocol and device code. I have no idea how to guess which ones work for a given version of Samsung's firmware.

For other protocol/device_number combinations, decoding the power toggle command would really narrow the search for discrete codes. In this case it doesn't (at least for me). Samsung seems to be quite consistent in their non discrete codes and quite inconsistent in their discrete codes.

The following data can be pasted into a file Samsung.irp
and used with MakeHex to generate a file of all
255 codes

I hope you have finally gotten an up to date MakeHex.zip and start using the IRP files from it.

The protocol for this thread is NECx2, and you can just use the NECx2.irp file included in MakeHex.zip. You don't need a crude approximation of NECx2.irp as you quoted below, nor do you need to rename it to Samsung.irp as you seem to be suggesting.

Hosting Services by ipHouse