The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 1, 2006 at 19:36
dav485q
Lurking Member
February 2006
I have a Pronto 7000 that won't connect to my computer ever since I tried to download the latest version of the firmware. When I plug it in to the USB connection, instead of the normal “dinging” sound the computer makes when you connect something, I get a stuttered “half-ding” and it doesn’t connect. I’ve tried everything I can think of, plus some other things I found in the forums:

- Reset button underneath battery cover
- Uninstalled, unplugged everything, rebooted computer, re-installed
- Tried to reload firmware holding down reset button, releasing when program told me to.

The remote still works fine, but I’d like to change my configuration. Plus I’m starting to get some problems, such as delays changing screens & multiple button presses that from what I’ve found in the forums could be fixed by reloading the firmware. I’m hoping it’s something simple or something I just missed in the forums. I’d rather only deal with the Philips people as a last resort. When I first got my remote, it took over 2 weeks just to get a new battery.

If anyone could help me out or point me to the right spot in the forums I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse