The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday February 1, 2006 at 23:20
Peter Dewildt
Loyal Member
July 2001
You normally use a macro to turn on everything at the start of using a system, and another one to turn off everything at the end. Changing channels and volume are things you do all the time, which is why buttons are provided to make it easier. Turning power on and off usually is done once a day, so why dedicate a button for it? Also, if you are using a few different devices - Receiver, TV, Digital STB, Pay TV, DVD, CD then what gets turned off and on when you push the power button - everything, just the DVD? Finally, you would need two buttons - one for turning someything on and one for turning something off. If you see a need for a power hard button, then you don't understand how to set up a universal remote (or you only have one device to operate).

I have no idea what you mean by action pages. There is only one type of page, and it just called a page. If you can't fit all the buttons you need on one page, you spread them across one or more pages. Or you put less frequently used buttons on a separate page.

On my home page, I have buttons to
- turn everything on (turns on everything except DVD player)
- turn everything off
- watch Pay TV
- watch Digital TV
- watch DVD (also turns on DVD player)
etc

Each of the "Watch" buttons takes me to the first page of a device for that activity. When I am finished with the activity I press the Home button to return to the main menu. From there I can select another activity or turn everything off. I always use the receiver for sound, so the volume always operates the receiver's vlume.
Peter
Pronto 1000 (retired), Pronto TSU7000, RFX6000 (retired)
Pronto 2xTSU9600, RFX9400

Hosting Services by ipHouse