The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 19, 2006 at 15:08
dopelogic
Long Time Member
February 2006
Hi all, i recently purchased a pronto tsu3000 and have a few questions i was hoping you could help me out with. I purchesed my pronto from an online dealer that has a 30 day return policy, which is good becuase after 1 day of use, the backlight on the lcd stoped functioning. If you squeeze on the top or sides of the remote the backlight will come back on, which leads me to believe that it is just a loose connection. After reading through these forums i noticed that there are a few others that are having problems with the backlight on this particular model. My first question is: are these problems extremely prevelent in this model, should i just exchange it for another tsu3000, or should i go with something like the harmony 880 instead. I dont really want to spend the cash that it would require to purchase the tsu7000. At this point i am leaning towards another tsu3000 mainly becuase i have already purchased the "ultimate pronto guide". However i am a little worried that if i get another pronto it may have the same problem. My second question is: If i do get another pronto, Is it possible to use the discrete codes found on this site to directly jump to specific inputs on a television? For example: is it possible to create a macro that will select video input 1 on my Sony KDF-E50A10 tv, and select the cable/tv audio input on my Yamaha RX-V520 reciever, even though my original tv remote does not offer direct input selection (you have to cycle through the inputs)? Sorry for the noob'ish question its just that this will probably greatly influence my final exchange/return decision. Thanks in advance for all the help, and any and all input is appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse