The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 17, 2006 at 14:45
accuteklab
Long Time Member
January 2006
I just installed 12 or so X-10 dimmers in my home and plan to change all other switches for complete automation (10 more). I want to be able to control them using the same remote as for my video/audio set up. My set up consist of 2 DVD players, dish box, yamaha receiver and Philips plasma TV. I cannot decide on what to get for best results. Many people recommend Harmony 880 or 890 but they can only control up to 15 devices and their interface with X-10 is not clear for me. This mean that I can only control 11 of my switches and 4 audio/video devices and will not able to add anything more. Does each X-10 switch consider to be a device or all my 12 switches can be set as part of one devise. I also purchased X10 IR/RF mini controller IR 543 because I was told neither one of remotes (Harmony, MX-3000 or Pronto) can directly control X10 switches. I want to be able to make settings on remote and change the whole audio/video/lighting scene with the touch of the button. X-10 switches that I have are standard X10 switches with no memory so they should receive dimmer setting every time from the remote ‘cause they do not have memory for scenes. I research as much as I could – called each of those 3 manufactures and still cannot come to the final conclusion what to choose Harmony880, or 890, Pronto 7000, MX-3000 or anything else. Price is also a factor. Please help! Thanks in advance for everybody input.
Alex

Hosting Services by ipHouse