Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 20, 2006 at 11:10
Norgoth
Long Time Member
January 2005
Hi all,

I am presently using a RX-77 Marantz RF adapter with my RC-5400. The problem is that I have run out of outputs from the RX-77 for all my components. I just installed a XBox 360 and have set up the files onto the 5400. Now, here is my real question: Will the Xbox 360 accept signals directly from my 5400? Or is it necessary to have a wire going from the RX-77 to the Xbox?

I am usually confused by the whole IR and RF thing. For instance do the wires going from the RX-77 send an IR signal to the components? The Xbox seems to work with the gamepad, even when the gamepad is facing 180 degrees away from the console. Does that mean it accepts a RF signal natively and therefore I do not need to put on a wire?

The XBox 360 is behind a glass door in a cabinet with an open back. Is it just a matter of trying and finding out, or will I definitely need to wire a blaster to the Xbox? If I need to wire it, is there an adapter that will work with more outputs or some other solution?

Any help and even a minor understanding of what the adapter does would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John

Hosting Services by ipHouse