Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday April 25, 2007 at 11:41
les1466
Lurking Member
April 2007
Thanks for the reply.
I actually understood how to program the unit after a few hours of messing around, my quibble was that for the money it seemed an awefully teadious task having to sit and transfer each individual button from an excisting remote to the Marantz. Surely at that price, in a logical world, wouldnt it of been easier to be able to download specific remotes into it, if there was slight descrepancies, the you can make it learn, add fancy buttons and set up all the macros? To me they've just given me the Farrari I was talking about further up as a box and said, "here, build it yourself". I just think its hidious!!
My problem is solved anyway... Well I dont have the perfect remote yet. But I returned it back to the shop and got my money back... Thank god!!

I do think the Harmony will do what I want but am a bit dubious because of comments on here? I suppose I could get one and try but its a real pain doing that... Any help would be great.

Another quicky to anyone that might know. My remote controlled lighting, motorised projector screen & projector lift are all RF instead of infared. Is there a remote that will learn RF? By the way the Marntz didnt... 1st thing I checked. It would be nice to able to control them also in my setup.

Thanks

Les

Hosting Services by ipHouse