The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday April 23, 2007 at 14:01
les1466
Lurking Member
April 2007
Thanks mate. I know so many people love the Phillips on here, the only thing I am slightly wearey of is the comparison to the Marantz as I really do think it is over priced & rubbish.
When you say it has a database, do you mean I can log onto the Phillips website, type in the model number of my components or remote and it will then upload it to the Phillips remote... Or is rocket science programming still involved?

Ive been looking at the Logitech Harmony series as they seem to do exactly what I want. But I have read a review on this site that basically slates them rotten!!
Now, have they been slated because they are rubbish or because this site seems be more pushed towards serious remote control programmers?
I cant work it out as I have read many reviews elsewhere that say its the best thing ever???

Also, does anyone know if the Logitech Harmony 880 actually learns functions by point other remotes so it learns their functions? The reason I ask this is it says nothing of this on the Logitech website???

Thanks

Les

Hosting Services by ipHouse