The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday April 22, 2007 at 08:08
les1466
Lurking Member
April 2007
On April 21, 2007 at 23:49, mtgriff said...
I was so excited when I picked out my remote. I knew that
it was like a blank canvas and I could be as creative
as I wanted to be. When I got the remote I was overwhelmed.
It took me a little time to figure out where to start.
Once I got the hang of it I had a lot of fun. It took
me about a month to get the remote just the way I wanted
it. I think my wife would have killed me if I had taken
any longer.

Hang in there. Tedious or not, you'll be happy once you're
done.

Thanks for your reply.

As I have said to my previous reply, I simply dont have time, or moreover, dont want to waste time having to learn to program a box that, at the end of the day, should make my life easier, not harder! Infact 'Much' harder!!
And really dont want want to upset anyone on here by saying this as this sites soul purpose is for remote controls, and what I didnt know excisted, remote control enthusiasts.... But it is a remote control mate!! Not a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano that does 0-60 in however many seconds, that will turn every head on earth as it goes down the street, or will just completely illuminate you when you drive it!
A remote!! Something that makes relaxing just a little bit easier because you can just press a few buttons and make things work without having to get up a press the buttons on the thing your are trying to work!
Yes I want it to sing and dance, just as you, but I dont want to waste my life away doing it!! I want something that functions, does the things I want it to do and not make me have to think, while hopefully looking cool in the process. Like any functional product of the 21st Century. A mobile phone - yes you can do wonderous things with them these days, but you dont have to learn how to program them, or learn HEX to get the best of them to make a phone call. A washing machine, a functional tool to clean your clothes. Can you imagine if you had to program the washers internal computer to make it wash your colours right? I dont think they would of sold very many, do you? No, you press a few buttons, it does its job and your away!!

Functionality is what I want, simple easy functionality.
Not headache and learning remotes that I have already. I just want to put them all in to one box so I dont have to: Remember which is the right remote control to operate what piece of equipment, or turn the house upside down because I cant find the bloody thing that turns that component on!!

Is your wife happier now you have sorted it all out?
I hope so mate... But doubt it! Or doubt that she very much gave a damn in the first place!
Appologies for that, I didnt mean it insulting... But I guarentee if you would of got a remote, if there is one? as I mentioned in my first reply, she would of been less bothered about you spending all your time staring into that little screen trying to the film to come on... Instead of watching it, of course! :)

Take care

Les

Hosting Services by ipHouse