The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 21, 2007 at 12:23
les1466
Lurking Member
April 2007
Can anyone help me as I have looked through lots of posts and cant seem to find anyone that has asked this question.

I have just bought a Marantz RC5400 remote thinking it would be the all singing, all dancing remote to control all of my home cinema, tv, music etc etc needs.
Now is it me or is this remote just not all of that, was I expecting too much, or did I just buy the wrong thing?

Firstly, I have used cheeper universal remotes that get codes for other manufacturers remotes and work spot on, or near as damn. Simply punch in a code, or get one online and your away. Does the Marantz do this?
Yes it has fantastic learning capabilities but the only way I can see that it works is that you have to point your original remote at the unit and go through every single button for it to learn. Now you might be thinking, "thats amazing and what its supposed to do, whats my problem"?
Well my problem is... I have about 20 remotes to go through, most with ridiculous ammounts of buttons on and it gets ridiculously teadious. The other thing is. What if I dont have an original remote, can I not set the device up on it? I can with a cheap £2 remote, but not one that costs £400????

Am I missing something? I have read the instruction manual numerous times, cannot find anything about downloading other manufacturers codes or how I can point it at the device im trying to control and it will learn its functions???

At £400 you would think it would be very simple and intuitive to use???

Please tell me there is something very simple that I am not doing to set this thing up before I send it back, or worse, smash it to peices against the wall!!

Help!!!

:)

Hosting Services by ipHouse