The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 30, 2007 at 18:46
Doug_L
Long Time Member
November 2002
I've got a TSU 7500 which is maybe 1 year-old at most. Yesterday the screen started to malfuntion in the following way:
- the colors have become almost totally faded;
- blacks are not particularly well pronounced (text is difficult to read);
- there are a number of horizontal black lines (about 1/2 dozen) across the entire screen, mostly in the middle (not top or bottom);
- the change in color and contrast characteristics are consistent throughout screen (ie: there are no hot-spots).

It's possible the unit was dropped, though I can't recall any specific event. There does not appear to be any damage to the housing or the glass screen. I have reconfigured screen, re-flashed memory and upgraded to most recent version of firmware. No change, and no solution.

Presuming that this is a problem with the LCD, what are my options? Will Philips repair?(I admit I have not yet tried to contact them) Are replacement LCD's available and what is approximate cost?

I've done a search but haven't found anything definitive on the subject. There was a post or two about replacing (and cracking) the glass but I don't recall seeing anything about LCD.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Doug_L on April 30, 2007 21:30.

Hosting Services by ipHouse