The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Tuesday July 10, 2007 at 13:36
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On July 10, 2007 at 12:01, paulee said...
How did you know

I know how to read IR signals in the condensed version of Pronto Hex that starts with "900A"

power doggle 900A 006D 0000 0001 403F 12ED

I'll explain each part:

900A That (usually) means this is condensed Pronto Hex for the protocol NEC1 (see discussion of MakeHex and NEC1.irp in this and many other threads).

006D That means it is modulated at the standard NEC frequency of 38Khz

0000 0001 That is meaningless filler needed to keep consistency with other types of Pronto Hex.

40 That is the device number. MakeHex needs that in decimal. 40 hex is 64 decimal.

3F That is the subdevice number. MakeHex needs that in decimal. 3F hex is 63 decimal. Makehex needs the device and subdevice together with a . between, so you would use the line
Device=64.63
inside nec1.irp.

12 That is the function number. If you use MakeHex with decimal function labels, you'll need to translate each function number from hex to decimal.

ED If this is really NEC1 protocol, that is the check byte for the function number. The function number and its check byte always add up to FF. If those two don't add to FF, it isn't NEC1 protocol. Tivo and iPod also use 900A but with other meanings for that last byte.

eject 900A 0068 0000 0001 403F 0DF2

The 0068 means it uses the alternate NEC modulation frequency, 40Khz. All the signals from your DVD remote use the same modulation frequency. The Pronto isn't very accurate about learning modulation frequency. I'm sure this 0068 is a learning error and your DVD uses the standard 38Khz.

I would like to build a ir map for the codes it would
read so I can find the discrete codes (if any exist).

DVD players generally don't have discrete codes.

Could you help me understand how to do it? and how I could
work out which of the above codes maps to one of the buttons?

Hopefully what I just said, plus the MakeHex description earlier, will be enough for you to understand all that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse