The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday September 12, 2007 at 20:56
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Some further clarification for you marvelusmarvcus...
It's the device which contains the actual IR code button which determines how the signal is sent from the remote. As such, it's important that the devices which contains pages you'll be viewing in the remote never contain the actual IR code buttons themselves, but only links to those buttons which should be located under other devices. More specifically, what you should have in place is a set of "IR Code" devices we'll call them. Create one device for each set of IR codes you're using in your PCF. Each of these "IR Code" devices will be used for only one purpose, storing the IR code buttons for each peice of gear in your setup. This will give you independent control of how you want each set of IR code buttons to be sent from the remote, since it's the device which contains the actual IR code button which determines how the signal is sent. The device you happen to be under at the time while using the remote is irrelevant when using this method. Once you have your "IR Code" devices in place simply link to those IR code buttons throughout the rest of your PCF file and you're set to go.

In my own PCF I take this method a step further. You can read about that via the post linked to in my signature area below. Once hitting up the link see the 5th from the last section of the post entitled, "Hidden IR codes devices restructured."

Last edited by Lowpro on September 12, 2007 21:17.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse