The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday August 23, 2006 at 09:24
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On August 22, 2006 at 22:15, dvsbcd said...
turns out that the rca 0080 works
for most of the controls

Setup code 0080 in an NG Pronto is the same as setup code 0053 in the OneForAll database. I assume the same is true for iPronto.

Setup code CD/0053 in OneForAll is the setup code for RCA protocol, device number 8.

You could use MakeHex/IrPanels to generate and test all 256 possible commands in this code set. Also, comments in the RCA.irp file list the function numbers of many functions that tend to be consistent across device types, for example function 58 is discrete On and function 59 is discrete Off.

the only stuff missing is the
shift commands namely disk skip and play list thumbs

looks like disk skip would be shift+6 is it possible to
program a button to act as two buttons?

I don't really understand the question. Are you just asking how to find the IR signals for the missing functions? Or are you also asking something about how to program buttons for an iPronto?

If the missing functions took a cord or sequence of button presses on the original remote, that doesn't mean they need to use a cord or sequence on the iPronto. Once you figure out what function numbers they are, you can assign them to whatever buttons you want.

While I knew that RCA protocol, device 8 was a code set for RCA CD players, I don't think I've seen any examples of online data for that code set, so even if I understood what functions you are missing I couldn't answer. But trying all 256 functions should work, now that we know the right 256 functions to try.

If you did have a question about programming IPronto buttons ("program a button to act as two buttons"), you should start a new thread and ask it more clearly. No one likely to know the answer will notice the question buried in this rca rp8078 thread.

Hosting Services by ipHouse