The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday August 26, 2006 at 07:04
JOwen
Founding Member
November 2001
After the usual devastating discovery that my new monster 47" Toshiba has none of the usual source or power discrete codes I spent hours searching likely "spare" codes but with no luck so far.

I will upload a copy of the listing of known codes for this big new LCD screen in case anyone is having problems learning codes. The screen is great, the codes are a real pain.

I found the best learning technique is to put the remote and the iPronto about 4 inches apart , start learning, press the button for just 3 seconds and release. Don't wait for the iPronto to confirm learning; it will do so after you release. The buttons mostly learn first time but do need checking as 1 in 10 learned a bad code.

Codes are very short - typically 900A 006D 0000 0001 40BF 00FF (code for button "0")

With no discrete power on, use "0" to guarantee power on, and "0" + Power toggle to turn off.
When watching, "0" always seems to put the TV into DTV (terrestrial digital freeview) mode. the source button then goes back to the last selected external source. Other forum hints on source selection for othet Toshiba TVs don't work on this one.

Any other new Toshiba LCD users out there, having any more insights?

Jeremy

Hosting Services by ipHouse