The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 5, 2002 at 15:00
Gary D. Walborn
Long Time Member
July 2002
I'm totally frustrated. I have been looking for discrete codes to shift my Yamaha RX-v800 receiver into and out of 6-channel mode. I was delighted when I found pdf files detailing extended IR codes on the Yamaha Web site. I figured that, with these codes in hand, success was not far away. I figured wrong.

Following instructions posted by regban on 4/12, I got IRTool and a 'known' Yamaha discrete code for the Pronto. I decoded the known code. The listed code for "6CH INPUT ON" is listed in the Yamaha docs as Custom Code "7 E" and Data Code "A 4". I converted these to decimal and entered them into the device and command fields in IRTool. Then I selected "Encode to Hex". IRTool returns a "reasonable" looking hex code. I entered this into the Pronto2NeoConverter Excel spreadsheet and got the ProntoNeo code:
"0 f 6c 4 60 aa 16 3f 84 3f 5f a 44 44 44 0 0 0 0 0 40 0 4 44 4 44 40 0 bf 47 bc 1a 7c 3". I entered this code as the "Learned I/R Code" on an unused Neo button with NeoHack 0.7 and downloaded the resultant file into the Neo. It doesn't work.

What did I do wrong? I think I followed directions exactly, but I am having no luck... Can anyone help me with this. It is one of only two "toggled" codes that I have to deal with.

Thanks in advance,

Gary D. Walborn

This message was edited by Gary D. Walborn on 08/05/02 18:27.19.

Hosting Services by ipHouse