The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 12, 2002 at 15:30
iaonbb
Founding Member
January 2002
Hello all...Well, here's my story. 30 something guy, been through about five remotes (UCommand, RCA's , One-for-all, etc) Hoping my new NEO will be the one. Above average computer proficiency (but by no means an expert) Looking to get some good info before I even attempt to set it up. First things first, I was checking out all of the user-created screens in the file library and was really impressed by quite a few of them. I imagine I would like to borrow a few of the icons from each to create my own layout.

This may be a bit simplistic, but I'd ultimately like to use NEOedit to customize the layout and add a few cool icons here and there as needed to get it setup the way I would like it (ie, directv icons, network icons, the cool shutdown screen, etc....) After that, I would download to the remote. I would then sit down and learn each function from my old remotes to the appropriate icons/buttons. Finally, upload back to NEO edit to permanently save. I don't think that using the manufacturer codes will work out for me as my system is kinda screwy. Am I on the right track here or is this not possible, too time consuming. etc... I'd really appreciate it if anyone would be willing to give a few pointers to get me started and maybe be available to answer a few future questions too as they come up. Thanks and looking forward to becoming a contributing member soon!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse