The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 17, 2002 at 14:57
iaonbb
Founding Member
January 2002
Well, started playing around in Neoedit trying to get a feel on how to approach this thing. Already downloaded the latest updates and firmware. My plan is this...customize all of the screen layouts exactly how I want them, download to the NEO, manually learn all of the necessary functions to their respective buttons (whenever possible)then upload back to neoedit to permanantly save. Anyone see any prob's with this line of thinking? (other than the possible learning snafus)

Also, I'm experiencing typical newbie prob's w/ customizing and saving the device overview layout. I've done a few searches through the archives and realized I needed to get either neohacker of neosynch to accomplish this. Problem - neohacker won't work because I don't have a JRE??? I'm running windows XP on a brand new Dell. Apparently I don't have it and can't figure out how/where to get and then install it. I know this is some kid of Java thing which isn't really my specialty (aka I don't know shish)

UPDATE!!! I was able to download the JRE successfully w/ only one small catch - I'm using my work computer and I don't have admin. proveleges to install it (even though I can install everything else) - what do I do now?

Also tried Neosynch but can't figure out how to use it. No help section w/ the software that I can find.

Can anyone spll it our for me in dummy 101 how to be able to customize the overview screen w/ either neohacker or nesynch? I'd like to incorporate some of the really coool icons (bitmaps?) from hte files section into the overview screen too if at all possible.

Thanks again for those who replied to my first post and questions.

MDB

This message was edited by iaonbb on 12/17/02 15:27.33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse