The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday April 23, 2005 at 12:17
schmidtdarren
Lurking Member
April 2005
I'm experiencing the same problem with my Neo. Its not responding to the touchscreen, but everything else works fine.

I removed the cover with the four screws that attach each plate together. I used a 1/20" allen key. I initially thought it was torx, but the allen key worked fine.

I can see the ribbon cable that attaches the touchscreen. Its on the right side of the screen towards the top (looking down at it). I'll try the conductive paint approach. Right off the bat, it does not appear to be severed anywhere. The edge that is described above would appear to be directly on the screen itself. I might try to use a multimeter to check conductivity on the cable. That would involve getting down to the conductor by sanding/dremeling.

Looking at the connection on the backside of the board, it appears the cable may also dislodge from its connector. I'm going to make sure that mine is correctly set as this would be another point of failure.

How did you use the conductive paint Chris? Did you have to expose the conductor beneath?

Thanks,
Darren

Hosting Services by ipHouse