Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday December 16, 2001 at 13:46
claude4
Founding Member
December 2001
Hi,

I am a Pronto user for many years now and was looking for a second, additional, remote. This Harmony remote seems WAY COOL and full of potential. Having searched remote central, I have read most of the threads about EasyZapper and still have a couple of questions:

1) How does easyzapper deal with and how does one access those odd features present in some of my equipments remotes? eg: the various screen viewing modes of my Toshiba widescreen TV 16:9, Theaterwide1, Theaterwide2, etc. or the shutoff timer button and set shutoff time length via a numbered keypad.

2) Can one configure this remote to handle more than one AV system? One in my Media Room , the other in mybedroom.

3) If the above is possible, will easyzapper be able to distinguish between my 2 Denon AV receivers (AV-2800, AV-3300)? Will Easyzapper know the differences btw each in terms of their programming?

4) I sense that they are building a DB of each manufacturers equipment and the unique features of each, Correct???? What happens with equipment that may not yet be in their DB? Like my new Sony cable box used by Cablevision here in Long Island, NY? (BTW, it is a slow POS).

5) Do I have to teach it each buttons function? If so, how do I access those functions not lending themselves to the hard buttons available on Harmony's remote?

6) I am not a programmer and wonder if that is necessary in order to tweak things as mentioned above?

Easyzapper seems quite different than any other remote and wonder if this unit is ready for primetime?

Thanks,

Claude H.

Hosting Services by ipHouse