The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 23, 2002 at 17:13
www.RRDeals.com
Founding Member
July 2001
I'm interested in learning about this remote, and was hoping someone here would answer some questions for me, that others may also have. I apologize if I seem critical, but I feel like I'm missing something.

1) The basic concept of the Harmony is that it performs many tasks with a single 'click'. Hence, few buttons and activity-driven control. (Such as, WATCH DVD or whatever, would enact a macro to set up all of your equipment to watch a DVD).

My question - what advantages does the Harmony have over any macro-capable remote in this respect?

2) With the advent of the PVR and the connection we've found between Tivo/ReplayTV/UltimateTV ownership and the desire to find a nice all-in-one remote solution, how necessary (or desireable) is it to have TV listings on the remote itself, when it's likely far more convenient to use the PVR's channel guide?

3) The ZAP feature - does this save the show you're watching's date, time, title and description for future reference? How is this useful? Do you need to connect to your PC to transfer this information?

4) Does the unit come with a cradle or wireless connection to the PC, or must you connect using USB at your computer desk each time you wish to update?

5) Would you say the remote is geared more for people who don't do much in terms of advanced control or configurations?

Thank you for the answers in advance - this remote certainly seems interesting and I'm curious to read the responses!

Randy
www.RRDeals.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse