The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 3, 2002 at 11:38
Eric Warnke
Founding Member
December 2001
I know I have supporters here and I know I'm not going to make myself any friends at EZ for this, but I'm going to get up on my soapbox for a minute and vent.

I'm really starting to get pissed off waiting for this non existant documentation to start showing up. I know doumenation is not the most glamours activity you guys are doing, but it needs to get done to support the units you have already sold. Many people have been waiting patiently, myself included, since the units were released to get enough documentation to really start making some kick ass configurations. I have been able to get the unit 98% of the way there, but there are still some nagging issues that I would love to solve myself if I had accedd to the tools and documentation to do so.

If that were not enough, the web interface is cool and convienient so poeple don't always loose thier configurations, but the novitly wears off quickly when the site is unavalibe or acting wierd. Every time the web site is down your customers are not being served and the devices are loosing value. At least if all the documentation were released users would not be quite so dependant on your website to fulfill the devices basic needs. The constant slowdowns on the site are not helping either.

Cable listings from your provider are still often wrong or incomplete especially with digital channels. I know you don't have any control over that, but you ( we ) are all paying for the service one way or another. If they cannot provide accurate service drop them.

Another thing that has gotten me in the past that can be very agrivating is changes to the layout or device operation without notice. When the device went from scrolling to paging on all channel listing it really sucked and still does because the paging mechanism is often confusing for myself and other members of my household. A simple checkbox with a description of what was going to happen would have been nice.

Ok, I'm done.

I have this post saved to my HD and will repost if necessary.

Hosting Services by ipHouse