The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 16, 2002 at 05:00
alansingfield
Founding Member
February 2002
I thought I'd start this thread as a straw poll to see what features Harmony owners are most / least interested in.

Here's some of the things I thought of:

1. Single-file customization - then you can retrieve it from your harddisk when you screw up!

2. User interface improvements

2a. One page that handles all hard-button bindings for a particular menu

2b. One page that allows changing the menuitems, their ordering etc.

2c. One page that controls the ordering of the menus in an activity

2d. Hierarchical button bindings - e.g. bind a button over a whole activity rather than having to set it for each menu. You can override it on each individual menu if desired.

3. The Test application should list the infrared commands it is sending, not just the device it is sending to.

4. Rather than having to press "Change Activity..." to get to a separate menu containing the activities, you should be able to have the Activities menu at the top level. (unless someone knows how to do this?)

5. If I redesigned the hardware, I'd move the Select button off the scroll wheel, its easy to accidentally scroll down when you press select. Also, these controls should be more obvious - most people who've picked up my Harmony haven't spotted them!

6. Offline customization - even if this was just a program that would download your single-file-xml to your harmony.

Hosting Services by ipHouse