The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday March 25, 2002 at 19:57
Vaughn
Founding Member
March 2002
I like you have had my original Pronto since the day I could get one. I purchased the Harmony and I like it alot. It is much more wife and babysitter friendly and controls everything the Pronto did. Much less button pressing and paging up and down as with the Pronto. It took me less time to setup than the Pronto as well.

The setup is very intuitive on the web site but expects some familiarity with Wizards and so forth plus it really helps to have a broadband connection. There is quite a bit of help on the web site on how to do things outside of the wizards just spend a little time looking in the different help areas and faqs. Also if you just can't figure something out just email Customer Support as they are very responsive and helpful.

I have modified the XML to add a state (Harmony remembers state of the device) such as on a TV for selecting a widescreen mode such as Standard-Widescreen-Full. For instance when you select Watch a DVD it sets my receiver for the DVD input selects the video input on the TV and selects FULL for the widescreen mode. Then when selecting TV it sets the receiver to TV input and sets the Widescreen for this mode.

When it comes to non-everyday settings such as TV Contrast, Brightness, etc. you have to go fairly deep into the menus to get to them. This where the Pronto has a little advantage or of course the regular remote.

The TV/SAT/Cable listings are very cool and I use them more than anything else. It's great to have these in the palm of your hand. Just select the show and it tunes to the proper station. Let us know what you think if you get one.

Hosting Services by ipHouse