The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday February 4, 2007 at 22:19
aimfire
Long Time Member
February 2007
Hmmm, I can't get my TV input switching to work, the TV just ignores the commands. Which is strange, because it worked fine with my 880 using the same exact settings...

There's probably a few more workarounds I could try, but I'm not gonna bother.
The 880 wasn't perfect, but the 1000 is even worse. Thing is, the 880 was a lot less expensive! Yeah, the touchscreen is cool, but it's just not worth it to have a "kind of" functioning remote. I really suspect the firmware needs more improvement and the whole thing feels like it was just half-baked and rushed out the door.

Add to the fact that Logitech advertised several features are missing: clock, slideshow, etc. I'm not gonna wait around past the return period to see if/when these and other issues are addressed through future firmware updates. Phfftt!

The 880 worked with a lot of tweaking, but I disliked the small "clicky" buttons on it - I figured it was worth the wait for the 1000 which was coming out in a few weeks - so I returned the 880. Bad move. I'm going to take the 1000 back to the store and exchange it for the 880 again.

Highly disappointed in the 1000... Maybe after a year of firmware updates, it might be better... if you're thinking of getting a 1000, I would wait it out for awhile, this thing is more of a "beta" release I think.

Hosting Services by ipHouse