The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 11, 2007 at 19:00
JSein456
Long Time Member
January 2007
This is an interesting story. My receiver needs a 100ms inter-device delay time to boot properly (otherwise it takes an obscene amount of time to boot). The problem is the inter-key/inter-device delay bug makes it more sluggish to respond to the remote.

So, I called 2nd tier support directly using the phone number provided. I told him, it would be great if you could add this 100ms delay exactly prior to the power on/off receiver commands while leaving the inter-device delay at 0ms.

He did that in the XML file in the power settings section for the device. Although I can't see it in the software when I log in, the change is made, and it shows when I start up my system.

However, I noticed that the counter for the power-on delay got screwed up. I had to increase the power-on delay from 5500ms to 6300ms to compensate for the counter mis-counting.

My first thought was even though the delay command is in the power settings section and not visible in the software that it counts as a command, as if I told the software my receiver needs two commands to power up. If this is the case, then the power-on delay timer would start when the 100ms delay command is executed. By the time the actual power-on command is executed the timer would be too far ahead and any command send to the device will be lost.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's not a nuisance. The remote just starts counting too early. The receiver itself still takes the same amount of time to power up (5500ms). I was just curious if people have had this happen to their remotes.

I'm still wondering why I had to go from 5500ms to 6300ms, instead of going from 5500ms to 5600ms...after all it's only a 100ms delay. I wonder if the tech put in the right delay in there.

I really wish I could get a copy of my configuration file so I could tinker with it myself. Having a programming background I don't think I'd screw it up but they don't want to give it to me. How can I convince them?

Hosting Services by ipHouse