Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday February 16, 2007 at 12:30
gwar9999
Long Time Member
June 2005
Which new software are you speaking of?

I don't use the desktop Harmony application but rather the web service because I can use it from anywhere on any o/s to set things up (even though the site warns it's not compatible with Firefox, obviously that isn't the case). Ultimately, I need to use Windows (or Mac) to update the remote which I do via VMWare workstation on my Linux system-- only because I believe Logitech dropped Linux support considering the 659 I purchased 2+ years ago includes in the manual: "Linux support coming soon"). It sure would be nice if Logitech would add Linux support but I suspect it's vapor ware since I don't believe 2+ years should be considered "coming soon".

FWIW, I've looked at the desktop application and it doesn't scale nicely on my monitor inside of VMWare, there are always scrollbars which irritate me since I always have to scroll down to the buttons. Viewing the webapp, I don't have any screen-size issues since it fits nicely into my browser and buttons are usually just below the item I am viewing.
H880, H659, Samsung HLN507W DLP, Yamaha RX-V2700, Tivo S3 HD, Sony PlayStation3, Oppo OPDV971H, Polk SurroundBar, SliMP3

Hosting Services by ipHouse