Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 11, 2007 at 22:08
dan006
Lurking Member
February 2007
Hi -

I think I have a strange situation that I hope someone has encountered before. I have an 880 and use a Samsung HTQ70 Receiver for digital audio output from my Scientific Atlanta STB. I have not been able to get the Samsung AV unit to switch to the right input no matter what I do. The problem is that it seems to think that a remote has individual buttons for each input OR one button that flips through all of them. The Q70 seems to be in the middle. It has a dedicated button for DVD input and one for FM Radio, but then one "AUX" button that flips through AUX1, AUX2, and Digital In (what I need for the TV).

I've tried the following:

1 - By default, the software thinks I should push one button to cycle through all inputs, which is partially true, so I started with that. The problem is when it lists the different inputs, it includes the ones that have dedicated buttons, i.e. DVD, FM. So that didnt work.

2 - I tried re-doing the input list to include just the ones that are cyclable - AUX1,2,Dig. That didnt work.

3 - Since that didnt appear to get anywhere, I tried telling it to go directly to the input using the commands InputAUX then SetAUXInputDigitalIn. Sounded good, but didnt work.

4 - Still telling it to go directly to the input, I then used the commands SetInputTypeAux then SetAUXInputDigitalIn. Still no luck.

I hope that makes sense - I've been at it for a while. The Harmony is working great other than this and I will be all set if anyone can point me in the right direction on here. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hosting Services by ipHouse