Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 4, 2007 at 23:50
JohnnyO
Long Time Member
December 2002
Greetings,

I'm trying the Harmony remote again, after giving up in frustration about a year ago.

This time around I bought a 676. The Web site software seems quite a bit more polished than it did a year ago, but I have some newbie questions that I hope can be easily resolved.

Question 1: Can you "start over" with the remote config? I entered in the device info (type, manufacturer and model) for five devices. The Harmony only matched on three of them. I created a separate account, and went through it again, choosing Hughes as the vendor for my HR10-250, which solves that one, but if only I could have been able to go "back" on the initial account, I think it would have been easier for everyone involved.

Question2: I had asked last month about trying the Harmony again. Someone mentioned that my receiver, a Sony STR-DE885 was in the database. I can't get it to match, either using the full name, as I've listed it here, nor did it pop up when I entered STR-DE as the name. Any suggestions? Why can't we choose devices from a dropdown, and only manually add them if they don't show up in the list?

[FYI -- I have been searching the forum for answers to these questions, and the only thing I saw as a possible solution to Q2 is to take a Test Drive. I didn't see how to do that on the Harmony Web site. The one like just took me to the main Harmony page of [Link: logitech.com]]

Thanks,

John

Hosting Services by ipHouse