The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday February 21, 2007 at 19:49
R0B0T0
Long Time Member
December 2004
On February 21, 2007 at 17:11, gwar9999 said...
The current implementation does not satisfy me one bit
so I'd like to see any feature implemented that gives
me more control not less.

Thats exactly what this change is allowing, more control not less...

A common complaint (which I shared) for quite a while in this forum has been over button propagation because:
a) you can't have seperate button configurations for each activity; and

b) you can't set the specific order of commands (because they span activities).

Now we have MORE control over where our buttons go, and MORE control over what buttons appear in each activity.

All that is being lost is a bit of extra time setting up buttons for activities. And to be honest, the only buttons you would really need to do this for are any extra LCD commands, because the defaults work properly in almost all cases (numbers, play commands, volume, channel etc.).

So there are two FUNCTIONALITY improvements (things you can now do that simply weren't possible before), and no functionality losses (if you want the same commands in all your activities, it's possible, just add the ones that aren't there by default!)

That being said, there may be some shortcuts that can be added, like copying commands to multiple activities. But that is just to save time, it's not anything you couldn't do yourself; and if you have to review each of your activities to choose the command order after you add a new 'propagating' command anyways, are you really saving that much time? Besides... how many times do you customize buttons anyway? Setup the remote, get the buttons how you want them, and thats it!

Hosting Services by ipHouse