Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Tuesday June 3, 2008 at 18:37
smokinghot
August 2006
On May 24, 2008 at 12:51, xpat said...
Crestron and RTI are nice for deep pockets but can't do
any more than the Harmony.

On May 25, 2008 at 15:06, Joe-CI said...
That is just the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard.
Multivariable design and 2 way communication plus RF are
huge advantages to making something bulletproof. Video
sensing, 12V Triggers, Wi FI... That was profoundly ignorant.

On June 2, 2008 at 12:22, xpat said...
Find show me
one of these remotes that has multivariable design, two
way communication, video sensing, et al for the same price
point as a Harmony with the same ease of setup and control
by the end user and I'll show you a pig that flies.

I always love reading these threads. Some (trying not to generalize) harmony guys just love their remotes so much, and are so full of pride because what they managed to do on their own, that they'll adjust their points, and challenges on the fly to keep themselves blind to reality.

Until you've experienced something better, you'll always believe what you have is as good as it needs to be, or should be. I just read a thread in this forum where a guy wants to select devices to power up with a button push, and have them turn on when he wants to, but he can't, because Logitech decided for him that the power button shouldn't do that. Doesn't seem like an unreasonable concept to me. Lol... the price .vs. function agruement is hilarious, because I know for a fact that a jp1 could do what he wants for a 1/10th the cost of the harmony.

Accept the fact that harmony's are basic remotes for simple control applications, (not basic systems). If you'd like to do anything...anything out of the norm, (better said...anything Logictech thinks you don't need to do). You're screwed. This xpat guy makes harmony users look like ignorant fools, when he makes claims of the remotes comparability to Crestron and RTi systems.

OP: Pros hate Harmony's for there lack of techincal support and flexibility in the field. Keep in mind they have to stand behind the products they're selling, and spec'd for the job. Harmony's are fantasic for the diy'er who just wants something simple. They're horrible for business owners. Unfortunately your experience with RTi was lack luster. Don't blame that on the remote...blame the CI that programmed it for you. It's a shame, but honestly if you can get away with the Harmony One then the T2-c was over kill most likely to begin with.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse