The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday April 9, 2002 at 05:12
dbjeter
Founding Member
February 2002
I was hoping for discretes, but have just placed a backup "power" button on the main DSS screen, as backup, along with the "leave it on" instructions. I can tell you that the problem is related to several brands of HD DSS receiver, but maybe just one chassis. Let me explain: The Hughes, Mitsubishi & Toshiba receivers are, I believe, all exactly the same unit, with slightly different cosmetics. I have noticed some calling the Mitz & Toshiba the same, and I know for a fact that I have had a Hughes & Toshiba side-by-side, and ir codes, as well as menu layouts, are identical. Anyway, Hughes has told me that the no-guide problem, as well as the no-channel up/dn problem, are caused by a download of a bad revision of the o/s software, which is done via sat.They were first saying that you could send them in for replacement, but Hughes, at least, has stopped accepting them, claiming that it is not a warranty problem, but a software (DirecTV) problem, and that a few of the previously replaced units were getting the same bad download once installed. They say that a solution is a few week away (they have been saying that for nearly two months), and that the update will automatically resolve itself once downloaded.

Hosting Services by ipHouse