The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 15, 2002 at 07:57
Dave Goodfellow
Founding Member
March 2002
OK, I am not strictly speaking a custom installer, although I count myself as a custom installer for my house.

I have the usual plethora of kit.
Denon 3802
Arcam DV88
Pansonic Video
Proline Video
Sky
Pronto
+ a couple of others

All cables are run to the room through the wall cavity e.g. TV Aerial, Sky Downlead, FM Aerial. I also have a coax running from the sky box back up the cavity to feed an amplifier which routes signals to 2 other rooms. There is also cabling for line feeds for 2nd zone on the Denon to feed audio to ceiling mounted speakers in bathroom.

All the speaker leads and TV signal leads run from the stack to Speakers/TV in trunking chased into the concrete floor.

I have a Glass shelved Hi-fi stand that looks good, with all the kit on it. My question is:

What do I do with all those cables that make it look a mess?

What would you guys do? I have spent time wiring the rest of the house nicely but I haven't found a suitable solution for the rats nest behind the shelves.

Do I fix trunking down the back of the shelves and still end up with a mess at the bottom. Do I wall mount larger trunking to allow for some excess cable length? Do I make a custom wall box that includes power sockets and slots at each shelf level to run cables to specific devices. What do I make the wallbox out of. Wood? Plastering round the cable slots would be difficult to make look good, but it could be painted to match the room.

What trunking products do you use.

Help would be appreciated from the pro's. I do want it to look better than good.

Thanks in advance

Dave Goodfellow

Hosting Services by ipHouse