The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday July 8, 2002 at 01:11
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
Yeah, this sounds like a problem that was caused by age or elements, if it worked fine for the first couple years, then it's probably not a problem with the setup. Troubleshoot from the standpoint of a faulty component in the system, like a multi-switch that has gone bad, or an LNB. What about the power to the multi-switches? Bad AC Adaptor maybe? I dunno, but a corroded connector seems like a possibility too, if it's mounted on a 4x4 wooden post, what about the possibility of the post warping and re-aiming the dish? Could it still be getting most of the signals at good levels, but the dish has moved far enough to affect those? 250 feet to the dish.....could this cause too much voltage drop to the LNB? If so, could that cause damage to it? And if so, would it be the kind of damage that would affect one channel and not the others? Dunno, talk about complicated stuff, I just have a simple broadband line amp/splitter. Good luck with it though.

~~If that makes absolutely no sense, blame it on Jack. Somebody....(Surely it wasn't me)...was drinking last night.~~

This message was edited by ItsColdInMN on 07/08/02 13:43.54.

Hosting Services by ipHouse