The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday July 7, 2002 at 21:04
Matt
Founding Member
August 2001
Well, with a run that long definatly need the line amps, but also...are they using an outboard dish power supply?

[Link: dbs-online.com]

This will help with your problems with one polarity. It eliminates the receivers from powering the LNB's and supplies more current for proper operation. As close to the dish as possible is recommended.

Or if you need line amplification also...

[Link: starkelectronic.com]

Another thoughtis a 76cm dish, it works better than the standard dish (more gain) for rain fade etc.

[Link: shop.store.yahoo.com]

You can also get 16 port multiswitchers if you want, although the loss through a High frequency splitter isn't all that much. (beware that it must be power passive to the correct multi switch the way it's currently installed!)

[Link: starkelectronic.com]

Basically you have an SMATV system there, Satellite Master Antenna TeleVision. I also have worked with many of these type systems..if you live in a snowy place you could also propose a heated dish and LNB system. HotShot makes a good one.

If you need any more advice, feel free to look me up! I've done many of these systems..my largets was a 40 receiver headend for a national hotel chain.

Not sure if you need locals with the pricing of locals from satellite these days.

Hosting Services by ipHouse