Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday November 9, 2002 at 23:40
QQQ
January 2002
Serious answer. First I agree with everything that Ian said and if we’re talking about rats etc. I don’t think anyone should be working under those circumstances in the first place.

Otherwise, I personally feel that it is a bad business decision to charge more for work based on its “un-pleasantness level”. I don’t like doing lots of stuff I have to do. Too f___ing bad for me!

I think the idea of telling a client that you charge more to work in an attic or crawl space looks bad in the client’s eyes and sounds arrogant. I’m not saying you might not be able to get away with it. Someone else here claimed he charged double for working in crawlspaces and attics. But I don’t think it makes good business sense.

On the other hand, I think it is perfectly acceptable to charge more for work that requires more skill or requires an employee that earns a higher salary. For instance, it is perfectly reasonable to charge more per hour for retrofit wiring than for new construction wiring. Or if the work will be in an attic without a finished floor (where someone could fall through the ceiling), therefore requiring one of your more skilled installers, I think it’s reasonable to charge more for that.

This message was edited by QQQ on 11/11/02 01:15.46.

Hosting Services by ipHouse