The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Wednesday February 5, 2003 at 00:29
jcioffi
Long Time Member
February 2003
Doesn't it always seem to go into the direction of PC versus Crestron\AMX? If my system crashes, it takes a PC a hell of a lot longer to reboot than a dedicated control processor. At this point, I think it's been established that he wants to go with Crestron...I can give you a hundred reasons why to stay with that choice and a hundred and one why to run away. I am a programmer for Crestron and AMX and they are both solid platforms, but they do have their pitfalls. AMX's is their lack of good looking graphics in the g3 line (Modero will change that if you have the cash). Crestron's is that every two weeks I have to check and see what updated firmware they have! They have nice looking touchpanels and their programming isn't bad once you've done it a few times, but it is unique. Also, they are cracking down...legally...on anybody programming their systems who isn't a dealer or an authorized programmer. They've won some suits, too! My advice is to go ahead with a dedicated control system and have it professionally integrated, programmed, and serviced for your peace of mind and warranty.

Also, I don't know why RadiaRA is getting such a bad wrap? It is an RF system that you can still use a RS232 adapter for more stable control. I think it was a nice bridge between the Spacer (ideal for what I like to call "Pronto Lighting") and Grafik Eye (for the extremely complex and a whole lot of money)

Feel free to email me if you have any questions or if I can be of service.

Jon
jcioffi.delmar@comcast.net

Hosting Services by ipHouse