Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday February 21, 2003 at 11:24
Malachi
Long Time Member
December 2002
Ok Eric,
I have one for you. I was on a job installing 4 ceiling mounted speaker enclosures, the kind that flip down to project the speakers 45 degrees into the room. I was trying to adjust the set screw so that all the speakers would line up when opened, and mistakenly tuned it closed too far. This was part my fault, part the manufacturers, because the label on the drive was upside down, making me turn the screw the opposite direction that I should have. The result was that when I tripped the relay, the unit closed, and when I tripped it again, only three opened. DOH! I had set the adjustment so that it had reached its max open while still closed. Since the speaker and lift were already mounted, I had no way to get to the adjustment screw. I finally drilled a small hole in the enclosure, one that could be easily patched, and bought a cheap, long, thin, screwdriver and thru trial and error, finally backed the set screw out far enough that the lift would open. Moral to the story? Make lots of small adjustments instead of one big one and consider the extra time well spent.

Hosting Services by ipHouse