The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 13, 2003 at 00:45
Gleski
Founding Member
January 2002
I have a friend who is the owner of a custom A/V company in Chicago. He's been in business for about 5 years. He says he does installs from $5,000.00 up to about $100,000.00. He has just asked me if I would like to work for him programming some of the above mentioned systems. I am a computer whiz and I've programmed Prontos for about three years, but I don't have any experience with these higher-end systems. He says he will pay me $100.00 per system, each one starting out with a template and then to customize it per the clients wishes. I have several questions I hope you can answer.

1. How difficult is it to learn each of the above mentioned systems.

2. Is $100.00 per system enough of a payment. Especially when I've seen pricing from $100.00 to $150.00 per hour.

3. Is getting paid per project foolish. I am assuming getting paid hourly would be a better method especially with each project being custom.

4. If I should go hourly, what would be an acceptable rate I could expect in Chicago (I expect I will be an independant consultant and not an employee of his).

Any insight from this group would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse