The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday February 24, 2003 at 13:23
rickrood
Lurking Member
February 2003
The unit has been designed to be a cost effective way to trouble shoot problems in the field. The modules will be coming to test a myriad of things but a single unit to do all that you have asked would cost the end user over 2K. As a designer with many years of install time I found that simple tasks such as quick testing of a source component to verify output or a verifiable constant composite video or an audio output would let me rule out obvious problems when my customer has no sound or picture. Also, verifying that the cable signal is actually at the home and/or being distributed through it would make trouble shooting CATV problems much easier. The TestMaster is the only hand held unit that can tune CATV channels and give a DB level for them as well. Now you can tune modulators right at the modulation location instad of going from set to set.

If you are looking for the 100% all in one unit that can test everything, you will be looking for a while. If you do find it (it doesn't exist) expect to pay 2-3K for it.

I set out to build a tool to help the everyday installer at a price he can afford. I have several out in the field in Beta test and anyone who has one will not give it up.

I hope this answers some of you questions about the unit. Maybee I shoud have called the Trouble Shoot Master....Damn marketing people.

Thanks for your interest, Rick Rood

Hosting Services by ipHouse