The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday April 22, 2003 at 19:45
fullflava
Long Time Member
April 2003
What type of cables do I need then? I bought some digital component cables, will those work? From what I understand, The analog type RCA's(yellow, red and white), won't work. I have found the coaxial digital out on my dvd player, but the input is orange, do I need an orange cable, or is that referring to component cables? I have a digital input on my receiver that is orange as well, do I run audio through that from the coaxial digital on my dvd player. Then if I do that, do I unhook all audio(red, white) from both receiver and dvd? Another thing, do you use component and digital coaxial together, or is it an either or? If you use them together, that creates a problem because I don't have component A/V inputs on my receiver. The DVD player sounds great through my receiver, I am suprised to find that I haven't even tapped the resources availible. So one more time, s-video to t.v. + digital coaxial to receiver = Dolby Digital? I know this is silly to have all this stuff and not know all about it, but I'm learning. I appreciate all the help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse