The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 15, 2003 at 22:51
Sean Ahrens
Long Time Member
February 2003
I have a few things to vent: I own a Toshiba TV and DVD Player. Functionally, technically and performance based you really get a big bang for your buck. But, for all this "stuff" I would have paid 500-1000 dollars more for a company that gave a damn about their customers. Had to return the TV 5 times because it had scratches in the shield. They upgraded me to a new TV and I wrote to them how to wire the IR blaster in the back of the TV and they could not answer the question. I wrote them about Discrete codes and they could not answer the question.

I then had a problem with my DVD, no video, just sound and an Error code in the screen M-1, T-1 and T-2. Well, I called them, wrote them and they said that the laser was damaged. I was a bit disturbed and questioned. So you have two lasers? One for audio (remember I have audio) and one for video? The rep said, yes and that I should take it to an authorized dealer to be fixed. Well, screwing around with this damn thing, I took it apart looked at the laser, etc. nothings wrong. Why the hell no video and these damn error codes? Toshiba could not even tell me what these error codes were for, but they were diagnostic tools... Perplexed I continued on. So this is how the story ends.

The component output on the DVD player has a sometype of feedback for signal continuity, my component cable got crimped in the rack. Switched the component cable and walla video and no error code

Their complete idiots and if your doing custom work, there will be no support.

Hosting Services by ipHouse