Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday April 30, 2003 at 20:25
cb1
Select Member
September 2002
Hi guys
Went to a customers house today to troubleshoot an annoying sound. She has a niles multiroom system, and a home theater set up. She claims that she is getting a very high pitched squeal evryonce in a while from all of her speakers, including the theater room, from all sources, DVD/cd,SC 3000 cable box, built in niles tuner. The sound only last about three seconds then goes away. I heard it three times, and it was on the theater speakers, she heard it at the same time in another room, the source was the cable box, twice when CBS went to a commercial, and once on the guide channel when the picturre on top changed to another picture. The cable box is split to both the Niles system and the theater, as is everything else. I usually set the cable volume to "fixed" I set it to variable and turned it down to 23 (it goes to 30) I didnt hear it again after this, I'm am totally shooting in the dark. Any suggestions? Her house is metal framed, mentioned that because I had customer with metal studs a couple years ago that when ever you plugged in the sub woofer it would cancel out the FM reception on both of the tuners! I called Veloydne, sent the AMP in, they shielded it and it fixed the problem, weirdest thing I had ever seen. Anyway I thought maybe this could be part of the problem.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

CB1
why have a nice system if you cant operate it, program the remote the right way the FIRST time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse