The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday April 27, 2003 at 19:17
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Fnny, when I did this a couple of years ago, I had a totally different result. The JVC projector required ELEVEN repeats.

Okay, I'm trying to be funny.

This kind of signal has got to be one of the silliest things that projector manufacturers do. The other ones, outside of non-discrete input commands, are (Mitsubishi) hit power, then hit power again, or (Christie) hit power, then hit right cursor and hit enter! Imagine trying to reliably put THAT onto a Pronto! In fact, imagine doing it in the dark!

I see a total justification for all of these schemes, though, which is that if you hit POWER by accident and the projector shuts off, it will usually be two minutes before you can turn it on again. BUT JEEZ GUYS, how 'bout maybe if you didn't put the POWER button next to the VIDEO button, or otherwise designed the remote to help avoid accidental shutdown?

When will these guys realize that the answer is a discrete on and a discrete off? Then they could avoid the accidental shutoff by making OFF easy to do but at least as hard to hit as RECORD is on most VCR remotes -- recess the button or make it necessary to hold one button and then push another. Instead of making stupid IR processes!

Rant over. For now.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse