Long Time Member
March 2003
Family room - IR J Box receiver, volume control
Office - IR J box receiver, volume control
Dining Room - volume control
Kitchen - Volume control
MBR - IR J Box receiver, volume control
MBR Bath - IR J Box receiver, volume control
Pool Room - Volume control (probably add IR J Box)
Theater - Volume control, IR J box receiver

Kitchen, dining room and family room can all see the ir receiver so there is only one.

Theater is set up so that the mains are controlled through the volume control on the wall. Surrounds, front, sub controlled through Yamaha RXV-2200.

All speakers are not in use. Everything except the theater speakers are hooked up through the Adcom 6 speaker selector.

We don't use the whole house stereo that often. Mostly when company is over or I am alone and want to rock a little. I think that keypads are a bit too much to spend altough I do believe that they would do the trick. So rather than adding different stuff in regards to volume controls, remote control systems, I'd like to keep what I have if that is possible. That's is why I was wondering if the Xantech would fit the bill or something else similar.

I appreciate the help. This has been a weakness of what I have for quite some time and has always bothered me. When I did my hime, there was no such thing as remote control switching of speakers. I think that Niles came out with something that cost an arm and a leg right after I had everything up and running.

Thanks again.

Mark W

Hosting Services by ipHouse